Your module is not being displayed because it is configured with an incompatible Module Style.
In the settings panel, change the Module Style setting to Host: Classic - 5_Registration_Banner_Only
Host: Classic - 5_Registration_Banner_Only
Welcome to Colonie Girls Softball for the Fall 2020 Season
Hi folks, as of today the Town of Colonie Recreation Department has accepted our Covid 19 plan for the up and coming Fall Season. That's right, we are planning on doing a Fall program, but with a limited scheducle, and a specific Covid 19 plan for all players, staff and families. Below you can review the plan and let us know if you have any questions.
Also, we need your help to spread the word, as the schools are closed and we have limited access to student contact information.
As a reminder, please continue to register your child(ren) so that we have a firm count for the league, so we can organize teams, and purchase uniforms.
Finally, please be sure to support our sponsors (check sponsor listing) during this time, and be sure to thank them for there continued support of our girls.
Michael Naylor, President of the Board of Directors
Colonie Girls Softball League
Summer 2020 Modified Rules for Social Distancing
The purpose of these rules are to ensure, to the greatest extent
possible, the safety and well-being of all individuals that visit the Colonie
Girls Softball Fields during the COVID-19 global pandemic.
Parents are to screen their players before they attend a practice
or game. If the player is sick or exhibiting symptoms, STAY
HOME. Please notify your coach so proper notifications can be made
to the County Health Department.
· CGSL will stagger the start times of games in
order to limit density of individuals at the complex
· CGSL will provide the approved rules to opposing
teams and request compliance as condition of playing
· CGSL will have Board members present at the park
while games are being played to ensure compliance
· All spectators are required to wear a mask at
· Spectators at the Fields are limited to those
with a child playing in the game
· No bleacher seating
allowed. Parents/Guardians of players will be required to spread out
at least six feet apart down the right field and left field lines.
· Grandparents and those considered to be in a
vulnerable population with respect to COVID-19 are encouraged to stay home
· No carpooling between players
· Pre-game warmups limited to field assigned for
· Hitting cages limited to 4 people per
tunnel. 1 coach and 1 player in tunnel and up to 2 players outside
tunnel at least 6 feet apart
· Maximum of 3 players in dugout at any one
time. Remainder of team is staggered along fence line
· Players must bring their own drinks, no shared
drinks. Please clearly label the player’s drink.
· No seeds, gum, or spitting
· CGS encourages players to bring their own hand
sanitizer as well
· Catcher mask disinfected before every
change. Teams are encouraged to limit number of catchers per game
unless players have their own catchers gear
· Shared bats should be disinfected after every
use. Teams are encouraged to limit number of shared bats.
· Hand sanitizer applied by all players returning
from defensive field of play. (Spray sanitizer in each dugout).
· 3 softballs per game. 1 in play. 2 sanitized and
ready for play.
· Backup softballs held by home team head coach
rather than umpire. Foul softballs returned to home team head coach
· No coaches will be allowed on the field to argue
a call with an umpire
· Coaches must maintain 6 feet of separation with
players at all times, including mound visits and bases
· After game, each team must sanitize its dugout
· No post game handshake or interaction between
· Limited post game talks on
field. Players should leave field with family and head to car
immediately following the game. Coaches are encouraged to have
electronic meetings to interact with team (zoom, facetime, etc.)
· Parents are encouraged to remain in their car
until 15 minutes prior to start of game to limit amount of people at
fields. Players are allowed to warm up in hitting cage and field as
· Concession stand not open
· Limit restroom use to emergency only
Any instances not listed
above will be left up to the CGS Board member present at the game. All
teams and coaches must adhere to these rules for the safety of everyone
involved. All coaches will be held responsible for their players and
parents. Anyone feeling sick or ill is asked to stay
home. If a team or parent is found to be breaking any of the rules
noted above, your team will be asked to leave the CGS
complex. Guidelines are subject to change as more information
call 518-368-4970 for further information.